Wedding Planning Checklist: How To Plan Your Wedding Online
THE TASKS YOU CAN TICK OFF YOUR WEDDING TO-DO LIST FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR OWN HOME
In light of the current climate, we understand why you may be feeling a little overwhelmed. Put your mind at ease with our wedding planning checklist. Whichever stage of wedding planning you are at, here are some ideas to help you along the way.
IF YOU ARE IN THE EARLY STAGES OF PLANNING
If you are recently engaged, congratulations! This is a great time to get down to business. Use this opportunity to kick start your wedding planning to-do list. Create mood boards or Pinterest boards to share your ideas with your bridal party.
- First things first. It’s all about the research. Spend some time researching wedding venues, caterers, photographers and videographers. Rock My Wedding, Hitched and Bridebook are great resources.
- Pop the question to your bridesmaids and groomsmen. Brighten up their day with some good news! Send a special hamper or share the moment together on a video call or over a socially distanced picnic.
- Reconnect with those you have lost contact with. Start your guest list.
- Register your wedding gift list with The Wedding Shop. Creating your gift list is where the fun really begins. It’s shopping for all the gifts you've dreamed of but won't cost you a thing.
- You can personalise your gift list. Add your couple photo, add a welcome message for your guests and shop from thousands of gift ideas.
- Create some mood boards for wedding dress shopping. Pick colours, themes and styles.
- Check out some wedding bands and DJ’s from the comfort of your living room.
- Lots of suppliers are providing online content to help plan your big day. Wedding cake tasting delivered to your front door… sounds dreamy!
- Create a wedding website to help plan your big day.
- Research some themes and ideas for your wedding invitations. All Wedding Shop couples receive an exclusive 15% discount with online stationers Papier.
IF YOUR PLANS ARE ON HOLD OR HAVE HAD TO POSTPONE YOUR WEDDING DATE
We know that lots of our couples here at The Wedding Shop have had to postpone their big day. Take back control of your wedding day and do some fun wedding planning tasks to help make you smile.
- Adjust your colour palette for your new wedding season. Add some seasonal additions to your flower arrangements. Update your table plan and table decor with some seasonal touches.
- Start doing some hair and makeup tutorials or have a themed date night with your other half. We’ve got some great tips to keep you smiling at this difficult time.
- Once you’ve told your loved ones, the next step is to send out your ‘save the dates’ or ‘move the dates’ to your guests.
- Host a virtual planning session with your wedding party. They will want to help you and it's a good excuse to see your friends and family.
- Start planning the finer details for the wedding ceremony and orders of service. Gather your favourite songs, decor, speeches etc.
- Get your dancing shoes out, now is the time to perfect your first dance. From online videos to virtual classes. Learn to dance in your living room.
- It’s the perfect time to get crafty and make a start on those DIY projects. It’s good for the mind and you’ll be glad you were so productive a couple of months down the line.
- Create your wedding playlist. Choose your favourite songs and organise a date night with your other half to celebrate.
Once you have registered your wedding gift list with The Wedding Shop, you can keep adding to your list. Explore ‘New Arrivals’ and browse ‘Starter Collections’ such as, ‘99 Most Popular Gifts’ for inspiration.
If you haven’t already registered your gift list with The Wedding Shop you can create your list here.
You can now book a virtual appointment to meet your dedicated Gift Guru. Your Gift Guru will talk you through how our services works and help you build your dream gift list. To help at this difficult time, please find out FAQ’s outlining our approach to COVID-19 here.